A Camp for All Ages!
We are living in an unprecedented time, and being stuck at home day in and day out can cause a drought of creativity. Fret not for Camp DEN is here!
Not only can you find fun activities on this page to do with your kids or on your own, you could also win a prize! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and keep an eye out for a weekly #CampDEN post. An opportunity to win a DEN goodie bag will be listed on each post. View contest rules here.
Here are some activities to get your creative juices flowing:
The DEN tents echo the peaks of the Rocky Mountains and Native American teepees. Make your own version of the DEN tents! Get out the construction paper – or any paper for that matter. Use popsicle sticks, paperclips and other arts and craft materials you have around the house to create your own DEN tents. Let your creativity fly!
Grab a piece of scrap paper and get to folding. Create your own DEN-designed paper airplane and let’s see how far it can fly. Looking for inspiration? Check out these paper aircraft templates and find one that works for you.
Welcome to Aviation Academy! Today, we will be teaching the phonetic alphabet for aviation. This is the alphabet used by pilots, air traffic controllers, and the military, among others, to correctly issue instructions.
Repeat after us:
Now, test your skills:
- Can you make up a song to remember the phonetic alphabet?
- Write your name, the name of your school and the name of your favorite airport using the phonetic alphabet.
- Which letter do these clues refer to:
- I am a dance:
- I am a month:
- I am an award an actor can win:
- I am your father:
- I am the repeat of your voice:
Laughter is the best medicine, especially when everything feels a little different. Whether you're using sidewalk chalk to decorate your driveway with lighthearted messages or better yet, telling a joke, a little laughter can go a long way!
Here are a handful of jokes to spread some cheer:
- Why is Peter Pan always flying? Because he can never, never land.
- I put my phone in airplane mode but it wouldn’t fly!
- Why did the students study in the airplane? They wanted higher grades.
- What kind of chocolate do they sell at the airport? Plane chocolate.
- What travels around the world but stays in one corner? A stamp.
- What do you call a space pilot who lives dangerously? Han YOLO.
- What do you get when you cross an airplane with a magician? A flying sorcerer.