61st and Peña
Beginning March 9, customers parking in the 61st and Peña lot will be required to use the PayByPhone mobile app. Pre-payment at this lot will still be required.
DEN’s 61st and Peña parking lot is conveniently located on RTD’s University of Colorado A Line. This parking lot is managed by the City and County of Denver, Denver International Airport, not RTD. The only transportation service at this lot is RTD’s A Line commuter service (train). There are no shuttles or bus services from this location.
From this parking lot, the A Line commuter rail is available for $10.50 to the airport (transit time 11 minutes) or to Union Station and numerous stops along the way (see more A Line information at http://www.rtd-denver.com/fastracks/a-line).
The lot has 800 spaces total, of which 609 are beneath canopies that double as solar electric panels. The lot also has 11 electric vehicle charging stations (all Level 1 type units), free to use on a first-come, first-serve basis, located at the south and west sides of the lot. Handicapped spaces are located on the south and west sides of the lot, closest to the commuter train platform.
Free vehicle services are available 24/7. Call (303) 342-4645 for lockout assistance, a jump start, or tire inflation.
Tips and Parking Rates:
- When arriving at the lot, park your vehicle first – this ensures there is an available space prior to you paying. We do not give refunds
- Parking is first-come, first-serve
- Parking availability is not guaranteed. This lot often reaches capacity during peak travel times
- Credit cards are the only acceptable form of payment and payment must be received on the identified Mobile App
- Rates are $3 per 12-hours, $6 per day
- During peak travel times and holiday weeks check parking availability for all DEN parking lots at: www.flydenver.com
Once your vehicle is parked, pre-pay your parking fees through the PayByPhone parking app:
Visit paybyphone.com or download the PayByPhone app in the App Store in Google Play and enter Parking Zone number 91905. You can also pay online at paybyphone.com or by calling 888-680-7275.
PayByPhone parking charges $0.13 convenience fee for each transaction.
PayByPhone parking allows you to extend your stay if your return date changes. The same convenience fee as stated above will apply for each additional transaction.
Arrangements must be made if parking in excess of 30 days. Per Denver Revised Municipal Code Chapter 5, Section 5-15, vehicles parked over 30 days are considered abandoned and may be ticketed and towed at vehicle owner’s expense. For more information call (303) 342-4650.
Driving Directions map
- Go to Tower Road and 61st Avenue
- Turn west onto 61st Avenue
- At Panasonic Way, turn north until you reach the entrance