Concourse C West, Five-Gate Expansion – LEED Gold
The Concourse C West Expansion project provides five new mainline gates and reconfigures four other gates to provide DEN and its major tenant an efficient and state of the art facility.
The Gold Level means this project has achieved 20+ more points (72 out of a possible 110) above the minimum level for certification. Working within the constraints of a major existing International Airport and using many of the exiting 20+ year old systems, this level of achievement was difficult for the airport team to achieve. Innovative concepts used to obtain LEED certification included:
- LED lighting throughout the new expansion.
- 16% less energy compared with the baseline building.
- 100% of the energy cost offset with renewable energy sources for the first three years.
- Diverting over 92% of the onsite generated construction waste from landfills.
- 20% less water compared with the baseline building.