Now Open! Concourse B-West Expansion Area
The Concourse B-West Expansion Project opened to passengers on Nov. 21, 2020, on-time and on-budget. This is the first of four new areas in the DEN Gate Expansion Program to open. Overall, the Program will add 39 new gates and expand gate capacity by 30%. The new B-West area brings four new gates, six holdrooms (waiting areas for passengers), future concessions space and DEN’s very first outdoor deck with beautiful mountain views and inviting firepit seating.
Key features of the new space include:
- 89,247 square feet of new space
- Four new gates
- Six holdrooms
- Men’s, Women’s and Family restrooms
- 5,000 square feet of concessions space
- DEN’s first outdoor deck, featuring beautiful mountain views, firepits, outdoor seating and a pet relief area
- Upgraded carpet, tile, ceilings, wayfinding and a variety of seating options with accessible outlets for charging
- Improved and expanded airline support areas
The Concourse B-West Expansion Area opened with a virtual ribbon cutting event on Nov. 20, 2020. After breaking ground in May 2018, the project was completed on time and on-budget, with the first flights departing from the new gates on Nov. 22, 2020. Passengers can expect to depart from the new gates on flights with long-time DEN partner, United Airlines, who has leased all new gates coming to Concourses A and B.
Construction continues on the remaining three expansion areas on Concourses A-West, B-East and C-East. All new gates are expected to be operational in 2022.