FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE BADGING OFFICES. FACE COVERINGS WILL NEED TO BE REMOVED FOR ANY BADGE PHOTOS AND PUT BACK ON AFTERWARDS
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and to reduce the spread of the virus, the President of the United States issued an Executive Order, Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel, on January 21, 2021, requiring masks to be worn in airports, on commercial aircraft, and in. various modes of surface transportation.
- Federal law requires wearing a mask at all times in and on the airport and failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry.
- Refusing to wear a mask in or on the airport is a violation of federal law; individuals may be subject to penalties under federal law.
Please refer to the www.tsa.gov website for more details.
ALL Airport ID badgeholders are required to bring the following original documents (or certified copies) to the Airport Security Badging Offices during the badge renewal or replacement process:
DIGITAL VERSIONS OF THESE DOCUMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Current DEN Airport ID badge AND TWO forms of unexpired government issued identification
- One form of government-issued identification must include a photo to establish identity
- A second form of government-issued identification must establish employment authorization
If an employee has a driving endorsement on their DEN Airport ID badge, the employee must also bring a valid driver's license (this can fulfill the requirement for a government issued photo ID).
NOTE: If names are not matching on all documents, the employee must bring in supporting documentation showing the legal name change.
To view current Badging Office walk-in wait times, check-in online, or schedule an appointment, return to our home page www.flydenver.com/badging.