DEN and Safeway Partner to Host More COVID-19 Booster Shot Clinics
Denver International Airport (DEN) has once again partnered with Safeway to host COVID-19 booster clinics on various days throughout the remainder of January and February for the traveling public as well as DEN employees.The booster clinics will once again be held on Level 4 of the Westin Denver International Airport. Anyone 12 years and older is eligible for a booster shot. Booster shoots will be available by appointment only, no walk-ins allowed. First and second dose shots can also be scheduled. Flu vaccines may be available, so if interested, ask once you arrive at your appointment.
You can schedule your appointment here for once of the following dates:
- January 18: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- January 22: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- January 26: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- January 28: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- January 31: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- February 2: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- February 7: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- February 10: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- February 13: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- February 15: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- February 28: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Who is eligible for a COVID-19 booster shot?
The CDC has provided guidance to determine whether an individual is eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine booster, which you should review before scheduling your appointment
What You Need for Your Appointment
- Please complete the Safeway release form prior to your appointment (you can download and print the form after you schedule your appointment)
- Individuals with insurance, please bring your medical and prescription insurance cards to the appointment. Safeway will ask for Name, Date of Birth, and insurance information. Your insurance information will be used to bill for the federally approved amount, and you should not receive any bill. Medicare recipients need to bring their new Medicare Part B card (red, white and blue)
- Individuals with no insurance can receive vaccine through this program. Government funds will cover the cost of vaccine dispensing for those who are uninsured
- Please do not show up to your appointment more than 15 minutes early – you will be turned away and asked to come back at your appointment time
- Use your confirmation link to reschedule or cancel an appointment, if needed
- Vaccination appointment will take place at the Denver International Airport on the 4th floor of Hotel and Transit Center (the same place the original vaccines shots were given). Access is available on the far northwest side of the DEN Plaza
- Follow the signs on the Plaza labeled “Health Appointment,” which will take you past Tom’s Urban before you head back north towards the Terminal to the entrance of the vaccination clinic
- Entrance to the site via the Westin Hotel is for ADA and flight crews only
- Directions and ADA/Flight Crew Access can be found here: https://bit.ly/3p0XsBY
COVID-19 Booster Fast Facts
- Safeway/Albertsons will be administering Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines
- You may select whether to receive a Moderna or a Pfizer booster shot regardless of which vaccine you received previously (Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson)
- Those who are 12-17 years old will receive the Pfizer vaccine only
- People with a history of severe allergic reaction (e.g., carry an epi-pen) should consult with their primary care physician prior to receiving the vaccine booster
- You will be required to wait approximately 15 minutes after receiving vaccine booster before being released
- We recommend you schedule your vaccines on a day prior to a weekend or day off to account for any potential side effects, such as soreness at the injection site