Denver International Airport is consistently named a passenger favorite, and is the proud recipient of dozens of national and international awards for excellence, including these recent examples:
2018 Routes Americas
- DEN was recognized as the Highly Commended Airport for airports serving more than 20 million annual passengers at the Routes Americas 2018 Conference in Quito, Ecuador.
2017 Engineering News-Record Mountain State
- Regional Best Project for the 2017 - Gate apron rehabilitation and drainage improvements project
2017 Airports Going Green
- Outstanding Sustainability Infrastructure Development award for the Hotel and Transit Center
2017 Government Green Fleet Award
- Ranked No. 3 among the 50 best federal, state and local government fleet operations
2017 J.D. Power
- Ranked No. 5 among "mega" airports
2017 Skytrax World Airport Awards
- No. 3 Best Airport Serving 50-60 million passengers per year (Highest among U.S. airports)
- No. 2 Best Regional Airport in North America
- No. 4 World's Best Regional Airport
- No. 4 Best Airport Staff in North America
2017 "Environmental Leader"
- Solar+Microgrid Project of the Year
- A Panasonic-led solar-plus-storage microgrid at Peña Station NEXT, a 382-acre smart and sustainable development in Denver, has earned the title of 2017 Environmental Leader Project of the Year. Project partners include Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company, Xcel Energy, Denver International Airport, LC Fulenwider, Inc., and Younicos.
2017 Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- 24-Karat Gold Award for the airport's food donation program
2017 Speedtest by Ookla
- Fastest airport Wi-Fi
- "Fastest airport Wi-Fi on the planet!"
- More than three times faster than cellular service
- Denver’s Wi-Fi is faster than cell or Wi-Fi at any of the other 19 busiest airports
- Best overall airport for dining among the top 20 busiest U.S. airports
2017 Trazee Travel
- Favorite Airport Shopping
2017 100 Best Fleets
- No. 87 best fleet in the United States (4th year in a row making the list)
2016 USA Today Reader’s Choice Travel Awards:
- Second-best airport for dining
- Elway’s steakhouse named “Best Airport Local/Regional Dining”
- Root Down is No. 4 “Best Airport Local/Regional Dining”
- Modmarket is No. 3 “Best Airport Grab-And-Go Dining”
2016 Denver Business Journal "Champions of Real Estate Catalyst Award"
- Honoring the Hotel and Transit Center as a transformational real estate project for the entire region
- No. 1 "100 Best U.S. Airports Modernity"
- No. 3 overall "100 Best U.S. Airports"
2016 Balchen/Post award for snow removal operations
- Three Colorado airports – Denver International Airport (DEN), Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) and Centennial Airport (APA) – have each been recognized with a prestigious national award for excellence in maintaining airport operations during challenging winter conditions. The Balchen/Post award, which for 40 years has recognized airports for outstanding snow and ice removal teams that result in safe operations, was awarded by the Northeast Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE).
Westin Denver International Airport Awards
- ACI -- "Excellence in Concrete Construction" Award 2017
- Building Design + Construction -- 2017 "Building Team Awards" Gold Award
- Xcel Energy "Energy Design Assistance Achievement Award" -- 2017 "Best Confirmed Energy Performance"
- Building Design and Construction -- 2017 "Gold Award" Building Team Awards
- Interior Design Magazine -- 2016 "Best of Year" Project, Transportation Category
- Mountain States Engineering News-Record Best Projects – 2016 Colorado Project of the Year
- Mountain State Engineering News-Record Best Projects – 2016 Best Projects, Airport/Transit Category
- Associated General Contractors of Colorado ACE Awards – 2016 Project of the Year
- Associated General Contractors of Colorado ACE Awards – ACE Award, Project of the Year Over $70 million
- Travel Weekly - Gold Magellan Award in the category of hospitality, overall business/conference resort/hotel
- Smart Meetings Magazine – Platinum Choice Award excellence in service and amenities among meeting hotels and resorts in the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean
- CODA Award for "Shadow Array" - Collaboration of Design + Art
- Denver Business Journal 2016 Real Estate Champion Award
- 2016 Rocky Mountain ACI Excellence in Concrete Award in Commercial/Industrial Buildings
2015 "The 100 Best Fleets"
- No. 45 Best Fleet
- Most Effective Brand on Social Media
2015 Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Top 10 Airport for Healthy Eating Choices (#5)
2015 Federal Aviation Administration
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Advocate and Partner Award
- Fastest Wi-Fi out of the top seven busiest airports
2015 J.D. Power
- Ranked No. 6 among large airports and No. 1 for airports with more than 50 million passengers