Developed for students entering 7th-10th grades, DEN Academy is an introduction to the world of aviation through interactive learning, critical thinking and team projects. Through engagement with professionals in engineering, sustainability, wildlife, the Denver Fire Department, concessions, airport infrastructure, and more, students gain both an up-close look and a broader perspective of the many aspects of aviation available to them as they prepare for the future.
Students in the DEN Academy:
- Acquire knowledge of the inner workings and career paths found at the airport
- Participate in interactive sessions with airport leaders and professionals
- Tour the airport and visit other operational entities
- Receive guidance on developing a career plan
- Earn a DEN Academy Certificate upon completion of the program
DEN Academy Details
Who can attend: Students entering 7th grade to 10th grade in fall
Dates: Saturdays for six weeks, starting the second Saturday in June
Time: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Location: Denver International Airport
Cost: There is no fee for participation
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the program has reached full capacity. Please email to: DENAcademy@flydenver.com.
DEN Application Components
- Release form
- Recommendation letter
- Create and submit an essay on “Why I Want to Attend DEN Academy”
- 250 words minimum – 500 words maximum, typed
- Tell us a little more about yourself
- Explain your interest in Aviation and/or Denver International Airport
- Detail why you want to attend DEN Academy