Construction is still in progress on the Great Hall Project. Currently, most of the work is in the center of the terminal and will not impact security screening or check-in processes at this time. However, construction walls are in place on Level 5 and Level 6, which may require additional time to navigate from the check-in counters to security. Due to the construction, you cannot walk through the middle of the terminal on Level 6. Instead, you need to detour through the baggage claim area on Level 5. Yellow signage has been installed to help passengers navigate during construction.
In March 2020, Hensel Phelps began their general contractor/construction management contract with DEN and resumed construction of Phase I. Phase I of the project will complete the work in the center of the terminal and includes:
- Completing demolition in the center of the Terminal on Level 6
- Constructing new airline ticket counters in the center of Level 6
- Widening the balconies for the future TSA checkpoints on Level 6
- Adding two new restrooms on both the east and west sides
- Upgrades to existing mechanical, electrical and plumbing infrastructure
Phase I is scheduled to be complete by Q4 of 2021.