Plans for the Great Hall Project include the following features and components:
- Consolidated Ticket Lobbies — All airline ticket counters will move to the south end of the Terminal, making better use of this space.
- New TSA Security Screening Experience — TSA will move from Level 5 to Level 6, increasing safety and creating better passenger flow. Along with moving the TSA checkpoints, the project will tap into new technology and industry innovations to create more secure and efficient security screening system. The plan is projected to increase passenger throughput at the checkpoints and remove any risk at the current checkpoints. Additionally, the existing TSA checkpoint on the A-Bridge will be removed, creating open, post-screening access to the pedestrian bridge.
- Concourse A-Bridge Walkway — Create much-needed additional concessions, support and service space on the A-Bridge.
- International Welcome Area — Located at the north end of the Great Hall, this area will include seating, a coffee shop, convenience retail, money exchange, flight information and a new escalator to facilitate international connections.
- Level 5 South Entrance/Waiting Area — Creates a new front door to the airport for passengers entering from the A Line train and creates a new welcoming space for greeting domestic arrivals. The area will include concessions and comfortable seating.
- Post-Security Concessions Area — This area will increase food and retail options available in the Terminal.
- Drop-off Curb Improvements — This will add a partial median to both east and west curbs to increase drop-off capacity and efficiency.