The Career Pathways program will offer graduated points of entry with the goal of creating an aviation talent pipeline. Career Pathways will be a key component of the Center of Equity and Excellence in Aviation from engaging, educating and proving opportunities for youth through providing training and leadership development to all employees.
DEN’s Career Pathways Program seeks to accomplish the following:
- Create an aviation talent pipeline by developing a progressive training model that will attract and retain the current and future workforce
- Engage, educate, empower, motivate, and provide opportunities for under-represented students and young people are interested in careers in aviation
- Cultivate an environment for employees to excel and become further equipped in their technical and professional skills
DEN’s Career Pathways Program will consist of levels of engagement from the youngest generation through DEN’s senior leaders. Each level will build upon each other consisting of learning and development opportunities for all. Below is a high-level overview of each of the levels within the Pathway:
Denver International Airport (DEN) wants to partner with your school!
The Center of Equity and Excellence in Aviation (CEEA) at DEN is offering career exploration and community service support through the Adopt-a-School Program. This program is designed to connect DEN/CEEA programming community resources with schools.
Through this program, schools have access to:
- Resources: Connection to industry professionals for career exploration to enhance your student’s experience and strengthen school initiatives.
- Events and Programing: Rather than one-off events, this program offers a model for building a lasting relationship between schools and DEN/CEEA.
- Increase Community Engagement: The School Partnerships Team will collaborate with DEN/CEEA to connect with the entire school community to accomplish the events each year.
Apply now or reach out to us at [email protected].
DEN Academy was developed for students entering 7th-10th grades. The Academy is free introduction to the world of aviation through interactive learning, critical thinking and team projects. Through engagement with airport professionals, students gain both an up-close look and a broader perspective of the many aspects of aviation available to them as they prepare for their future.
Students in the DEN Academy:
- Acquire knowledge of the inner workings and career paths found at the airport
- Participate in interactive sessions with airport leaders and professionals
- Tour the airport and visit other operational entities
- Receive guidance on developing a career plan
- Earn a DEN Academy Certification upon completion of the program
Getting most from the DEN Academy Experience:
Students will benefit most from regular attendance of the engaging 2-hour virtual sessions about careers. We ask that students commit in advance to attending the full program. In case of an emergency, parents are expected to contact the program manager to let them know their student will miss a session. DEN Academy seeks students who will be active and contributing members. Students who demonstrate a strong desire to attend the Academy, exhibit a positive attitude and complete all class assignments or projects will have the most successful experience as a DEN Academy participant. Since this is a hybrid program with focus on virtual sessions, you do not need to live in the Denver area to apply.
DEN Academy 2023 Info:
- Dates: July 17th - August 4th
- Virtual 2-hour Career Sessions: July 17th, July 20th, July 24th, July 27th, July 31st
- Optional in-person tour dates*: July 21st, July 28th, August 3rd
- Note: in-person tour space is limited, signups and times TBD.
- Hybrid graduation: August 4th
- Virtual 2-hour Career Sessions: 1 p.m. -3 p.m. MST
- Tours and hybrid graduation times TBD
- Location: Virtual over Zoom
- Cost: FREE
To apply today, click here.
- Rolling applications will be open until June 30th
- If accepted, a DEN Academy liability release form will be sent out. Return of this waiver is required for participation.
Contact [email protected]
DEN New Heights Team
DEN has partnered with the Colorado Department of Corrections (CDOC) as part of the DEN New Heights pilot program that offers employment and work experience to individuals exiting the justice system and transitioning into the workforce. The program is operated through Bayaud Enterprises and is managed by DEN's Center of Equity and Excellence in Aviation (CEEA) and DEN’s Maintenance division. In alignment with our Vision 100 guiding principle, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (EDIA). DEN New Heights offers wide-ranging resources and services to ensure an equitable approach serving the unique needs of participants.
To learn more, click here.