DEN’s trains to the concourses will be shut down overnight for six days in February to help DEN airport operations evaluate the AGTS Power Distribution System (PDS) and the critical infrastructure systems that are necessary to support the 26 new trains arriving to DEN this year.
It is recommended that employees and passengers who need to get to the B and C Concourses during these hours should arrive to security at least 30 minutes earlier than they would have otherwise to ensure they have enough time to move through the airport.
The shutdowns will take place from 9:15 p.m. to 3 a.m. on the following dates:
- Feb. 13 – 14 and Feb. 14 -15
- Feb. 20 – 21 and Feb. 21 – 22
- Feb. 27 – 28 and Feb. 28 – 29
The A Bridge security will be the 24-hour checkpoint on these nights. A dedicated KCM lane will be available at the Bridge Security checkpoint for approved crews.
- Airside Employee Shuttle service from Airside Parking to Concourses A and C (center core) will occur per the normal schedule.
- There will be only one Airside Employee Shuttle stop on B (center core) from 9:15 p.m. to midnight.
- There will be no Airside Employee Shuttle service on Concourse B from midnight to 3 a.m.
- Landside Employee Parking Shuttle service to/from the Hotel & Transit Center (HTC) will be available every 5 to 10 minutes from 9 p.m.- 3 a.m.
- Landside employees who need to access the Concourses should go through screening at Bridge Security and follow signs to the A center core ramp level to board shuttles to B and C Concourses.
- From 9:15 p.m.- 3 a.m., employees returning to the Landside Employee Parking Lot from Concourses B and C will need to take the passenger/employee shuttles from B East and C East to Concourse A and walk over the A Bridge to the main terminal and the Hotel & Transit Center (HTC).
DEN operations team is partnering with airlines to notify passengers flying during these times directly and has worked with them, as well as the FAA, to move affected flights to the A Concourse or to gates closer to where the buses will drop-off passengers. DEN will also be sharing information about the shutdowns with employees, media, and the public via our website and social media each week. Visible signage will be located in the Terminal and on the Concourses.
The contingency dates for irregular operations are the Saturdays of the same weeks.
- Feb. 17 at 9 p.m. – Feb. 18 at 3 a.m.
- Feb. 24 at 9 p.m. -Feb. 25 at 3 a.m.
- Mar. 2 at 9 p.m. – Mar. 3 at 3 a.m.