Overnight Closures of Inbound Peña Boulevard - May 2021
Crews will close a section of inbound Peña Boulevard at Jackson Gap Street overnight in May for necessary work on the project, including the installation of large overhead signage.
- What: Full Closure Inbound Peña Boulevard at Jackson Gap Street
- When: 9 p.m. – 4 a.m. on Saturday, May 15
- Detour Route: Traffic will be detoured onto Jackson Gap, along 75th Avenue and 80th Avenue and then back onto Peña Boulevard (detour map below)
All airport traffic will be routed to East Terminal during these closures. All airlines and security checkpoints are accessible from Terminal East.
Motorists should follow all posted detour signage and plan ahead - delays of up to 60 minutes are possible between 9 p.m. and midnight on Saturday, May 15.
Lane Closures Associated with this Project
- Tuesday, May 18: Single lane closure and traffic switch
- Outbound Peña Boulevard between the terminal and Jackson Gap
- 11 p.m. - 8 a.m.
- Saturday, May 22: Single lane closure
- Inbound Peña Boulevard near Jackson Gap
- 7 p.m. - 4 a.m.
Relocated Return to Terminal Route
Those picking up passengers at the airport are STRONGLY encouraged to wait in DEN’s cell phone waiting lot at Final Approach until their friends and family have arrived at the Level 4 passenger pick-up area. Final Approach and the cell phone waiting lot can be easily accessed by exiting inbound Peña Boulevard at 75th Avenue and following signs to the lot.
Additionally, due to construction-related lane closures, drivers headed to the terminal on inbound Peña Blvd. should stay in the dedicated east-side or west-side lanes before entering the construction zone at Jackson Gap:
Drivers should use the left lane if they are picking up or dropping off passengers at Terminal West or parking in Economy Parking
Drivers should use the right lane if they are picking up or dropping off passengers at Terminal East
All airlines and security checkpoints are accessible from Terminal West and Terminal East
Click for a larger detour map
Allow yourself extra time before your flight
Follow posted speed limits
Be cautious of construction activity and workers
Pay attention to all signage
Avoid distractions while driving