Although DEN remains the country’s youngest commercial airport, no one could have predicted its growth or how security and technology would fundamentally change the aviation industry over the last two decades. By investing in a modern airport terminal, we will elevate the overall passenger experience and enhance security in a way that adapts to today’s global challenges. The Great Hall Project’s benefits are:
- Changes to safety and security to make the screening security process more efficient and less stressful for passengers.
- More efficient check-in process by providing a more flexible and open airline check-in space with new ticketing kiosks and 86 self-bag drop (SBD) units modernizing the check-in process.
- Enhanced operational efficiencies including four new restrooms and updates to existing facilities.
- Improved passenger experience that is safer and more efficient.
Milestones for Phase 1 of the Great Hall Project include:
- Ticket Pod Steel Completion: All the structural steel for ticketing pods are delivered, installed and completed | Estimated Completion: Q3 2020
- Central Monitoring Facility: The new area where TSA resolves checked baggage screening is completed | Estimated Completion: Q1 2021
- Ticket Pod Completion: The new ticketing pods are complete and ready for airline use | Estimated Completion: Q3 2021
- Commissioning: Verifying that the building’s systems operate as intended | Estimated Completion: Q3 2021
- Substantial Completion: The majority of the scope of Phase 1 work is complete and the space can be occupied by the airlines | Estimated Completion: Q4 2021