Although DEN remains the country’s youngest commercial airport, no one could have predicted its growth or how security and technology would fundamentally change the aviation industry over the last two decades. By investing in a modern airport terminal, we will elevate the overall passenger experience and enhance security in a way that adapts to today’s global challenges. The Great Hall Project’s benefits are:
- Enhance safety and security by relocating the TSA screening checkpoints from Level 5 to Level 6 and implementing new, state-of-the-art automated security lanes (ASL). Click HERE to see video.
- More efficient check-in process by providing a more flexible and open airline check-in space with new ticketing kiosks.
- Enhanced operational efficiencies, including updated restrooms, escalators and elevators.
- New meeting/greeting areas at the south end of the terminal include comfortable seating, dining and shopping options.
- Improved passenger experience that is safer and more efficient.
Plans for the Great Hall Project include the following features and components:
- Consolidated Ticket Lobbies — All airline ticket counters will move to the south end of the terminal, making better use of this space.
- New TSA Security Screening Experience — TSA will move from Level 5 to Level 6, increasing safety and creating better passenger flow. Along with moving the TSA checkpoints, the project will tap into new technology and industry innovations to create more secure and efficient security screening system. The plan is projected to increase passenger throughput at the checkpoints and remove any risk at the current checkpoints.
- Level 5 South Entrance/Waiting Area — Creates a new front door to the airport for passengers entering from the A Line train and creates a new welcoming space for greeting domestic arrivals. The area will include concessions and comfortable seating.